I give Mr. K a pretty hard time. I have unreasonably high expectations for people to start with, and I’m usually overworked and stressed and tired. I’m not always my nicest around or to him. So with that said —
Last Saturday, Mr. K CHEERFULLY went to the grocery store with the two kids and me. We had leftovers in the fridge but while we were wandering around he said, “how about some fish? I’ll cook.” And then he took himself and Baby-K off to the fish counter.
When we got home from the store we gave the kids a bath — TOGETHER — and put them to bed, and then got to cooking. Mr. K had bought scallops and salmon burgers. He called his uncle for recommendations on the scallops. He made them himself. And he made the salmon burgers himself. And so we sat outside, drank a bottle of white, and had a proper date at home.
So what if he can’t find a laundry hamper to save his life? Grocery shopping, cooking, kid-caring…. Who could ask for a better husband?
And for those of you who like scallops, here’s how he cooked ’em:
1/2lb fat, juicy, fresh scallops
Salt and pepper
- Salt and pepper your breadcrumbs. Lightly bread the scallops in the crumb/s&p mixture.
- Pour some olive oil into a saute pan. Saute scallops 3 minutes on each side. That’s IT.
- Meanwhile, saute your spinach in a little bit of olive oil. When it’s done, drizzle it with the balsamic vinegar.
- Plate your spinach, and then plate your scallops on top.
- Eat with white wine and experience nirvana.
We are --
We work hard; we play hard too.
And we drive our husbands crazy --
We can't all be trophy wives.